Product Empties- January Edition

 photo IMG_2311.jpg


1. Tresemme Hair Spray- Just an average hair spray. Nothing special. Didn't get to finish the can as there are much better hair sprays out there.

2. John Freida Volume Hair Spray- The concept sounds interesting and it truly does give your hair volume but at a cost. The hair just gets to be a sticky greasy mess, I'd just rather not.

3. CHI Straight Guard- Threw this one out. Hardly did much in keeping my hair straight per se.

4. L'Occitane Shampoo and Conditioner with 5 essential oils- It took some time until I got past the essential oil scent. But if you manage to get past that these are quite lovely. Nothing ground breaking but it's nice to switch it up a bit from the usual routine.

5. Lush Beautiful Shower Gel- I'm not a fan of glitter in shower gels, or in anything really, but as I got this a while before the holiday season it made sense to get it at the time. Realistically, I hardly had much glitter residue as it's been easy to rinse it off. Loved the fresh scent. 

6. Avene Gentle Purifying Facial Scrub- I loved this one. It's really gentle yet invigorating and worked well. I did not repurchase solely so that I could try out another scrub by a different brand but i definitely would pick this one up again. 

7. Lierac Tonique Eclat- This is my favorite facial toner. I've gone through a couple of bottles of this one and finally decided to switch it up a bit and not repurchase. I do notice a (negative) difference in my skin when I stop using this one. 

8. Caudalie Grape Water- I have blogged about this before. It's one of my favorite french pharmacy skincare products and a staple in my regime. I've repurchased this one on end and will keep on doing so until I find one that is on par.

9. Nuxe Reve de miel lip balm- I've blogged about this one before too and have mentioned this one as my favorite lip balm. 

10. Cicabiafine- I had seen this brand several times at french pharmacies but never felt the need to try any of the range. I was given a sample which I kept in case I would need to use it. Lucky me I suffered a painful chemical burn on my upper left hand recently. I used Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream to ease the burn and its redness and although that is really effective, it is sticky and thus not really great to use for days on a stretch. After the 8 hour cream I then tried this one and was surprised this worked so well and I now need to purchase a full sized one to have at hand. This eased the redness (which was horrible really) in less than two days. Think of this as an ultra potent moisturizer. It's not sticky and felt rather fresh and soothing at the same time. Bless this product!

11.OPI Avojuice Jasmine hand and body cream- I love this range, from the smell to the texture. The only downside that will make me not repurchase again is the fact that this has parabens in it.

12. Crabtree and Evelyn Handcream in Rosewater- I love this brands' hand creams. The texture is more runny than your standard L'Occitane creams but at the same time it is easily absorbed. I was slightly disappointed with the scent tough. I love roses but I picked up this in rosewater and I have to admit that it does smell exactly like rosewater does, so the brand did a good job there but it just didn't really strike my fancy. 

13. L'Occitane shea butter hand creams- I don't opt for the shea butter ones often but I was glad I had these two mini sizes at hand. My hands got really dry this winter and L'Occitane shea butter creams always do a splendid job, with that thick texture to sort out the dryness.

14. Yankee Candle:  Mandarin and Cranberry. I'm normally not a fan of either the two components of this wax tart but the two combined have been wonderful. It's sweet but not overly sweet as one would imagine it might be. It's been a nice scent for winter.
Honey and Spice- This one was just fine, nothing grand. 

15. Essie Bachlorette Bash- I loved this shade. It's deep magenta which surprisingly also fits well in winter as it's not too bright.

16. Benefit Her Glossiness lipglosses- The consistency turned gross so it's time I tossed these. I hadn't reach for these in a long while. Nothing special really.

17. MAC Lipliner- I believe these format of lip liners have been discontinued. The name of this red one had rubbed off and I'm not too sure of the exact shade but one thing I do know for sure- I will not opt for these again. The product it self is so thin and fragile, it kept breaking. I'll have a regular, fuss free pencil any day.No wonder they're discontinued.
MAC Teddy Eyeliner- I loved this. If you're looking for something softer than a harsh black liner give this one a try. It's a brownish bronze-y shade that is perfect for daytime. 
MAC Engraved eye liner- If you're looking for a liner that stays put this one is it. I had to toss this simply because it's such a pain to remove. Even when using Bioderma, there's too much work and tugging involved. Not for me.

18. MAC cream blush in Britwit. The shade itself was fine but I'm not too fond of cream blush. They might look a tad more natural than a powder one would but I just find the whole ordeal gross and messy. Powder blushes please!

19. Barry M Super Shiny Lipgloss- I don't think I even used this once. Bright orange super shiny gloss? what was I thinking? 

20. Dior Diorkiss in Snow Cherry- I liked how un-pigmented this was as it would only give a slight flush, but it's just way to glossy to wear past the age of 15 which I clearly am well over. 

21. Zara Home Green Herbs Incense Sticks- I said this one too many times but I guess I'll say it one more time. I love these! They smell so good and they're a steal at 4 euros a pop. 
 photo Header-Sample - Copy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye