Products I've used up- October Edition



 photo image2.jpg

1. Rituals Pure Rose Rose Oil and Cedar Wood. I love Rituals and when I noticed they carry a line of home diffusers I got my hands on the Pure Rose one. The fragrance was just lovely. I forgot this one's refillable and sadly threw out the diffuser jar. Will surely keep that in mind next time round. The fragrance comes in this lovely cardboard packing which is fantastic for gifting.



2. Klorane Conditioner in Mango Butter. I loved using this during Summer. It's a strong mango scent which I adore. I tend to use this one mostly on my ends as at times it makes my hair weigh a bit down.



3. Le Petite Marseillais Argan oil and Fleur d'oranger shower gel. I don't normally feature this brand's shower gel namely because these are quite standard shower gels but this one in particular took my fancy. It's from the nutrition line and one I will gladly repurchase. It feels silky and lathers up nicer than the brands' regular options. These are dirt cheap too so that's always a bonus.

4. Redken All Soft Shampoo (IPN formula). I love this range from Redken and will repurchase when I decide to stop trying out new hair products. It does what it says on the tub and delivers soft smooth locks that feel lighter after washing.

5. Yankee Candle- Black Plum Blossom. Quite a fruity one which was pleasant to burn but not enticing enough to repurchase.

6. Yankee Candle tarts:

Gingerbread Maple; When I first smelled the large candle jar I thought it might be too strong for my liking, even though I love spicy scents. After I burned this the first time I was wishing I got the large one instead. This one is gorgeous for fall and winter. It delivers that spicy, gourmet scent and is not too heavy as I originally thought it would be. Will most definitely try to get my hands on the jar.

Marocccan Argan Oil; Pleasant, especially the first time I burned the tart, but nothing to write home about.

7. Yankee Candle Midnight Jasmine. I've gone through several ones of this scent. It's one of my all time favorites from the brand and will keep on repurchasing. This one is a pleasant white jasmine scent, slightly on the strong side but certainly not invasive.

8. Nuxe Reve De Miel. Being that I love the Reve de Miel range I thought I would be all over this one. This one is intended for dry and sensitive skin. The first time I used this, some of it got into my eyes and boy it burned and itched so much I was already thinking about tossing it out. Nonetheless I gave it another go and the first couple of times I used it I just couldn't get past the heavy honey scent. This was a first for me as I love honey but I found this scent incredibly strong. After several times using it I got used to the scent to the point that it didn't bother me anymore. However the cleanser per se just did its job. I much prefer Nuxe Rose Petal cleanser and will keep on purchasing that one instead.

9. Caudalie Beauty Elixir. This beauty elixir is one of Caudalie's star products.I've gone through a number of bottles of this one but after trying out the brand's grape water (review here) I'm switching sides.

10. Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion. I have reviewed this one here.

11. Avene Thermal Spring Water. This one is raved about endlessly but personally I didn't find it to be anything out of the ordinary. It's just thermal water that I mostly used to spray on my face before running. I've also used this one while travelling to spritz on after flights for hydration.

12. The Body Shop English Dawn White Gardenia Shower Gel. One of my favorite products from the brand. The scent is floral and delicate and lathers up nicely. This one was a limited edition but from time to time it seems to pop up in stores so I always keep an eye out for this range.

13. Tigi S Factor Helath Factor  EMT (single dose). Although this one worked wonders it is not a product that is to be used often as it is a prescriptive salon service intended to help the hair retain its moisture. For that reason I  much prefer using hair masques on a regular basis instead. 

14. Sephora Express Nail Polish Remover. Essentially this is just foam soaked in nail polish remover but it's very practical, especially when travelling as it eliminates to need to carry out cotton balls and polish remover separately.

15. Soap & Glory Daily Smooth body butter. I used to like this one. It is infused with the brand's Mist You Madly's scent. I had the original scent and used that a while ago. The lotion per se fares well. It is not greasy and sinks in quite quickly. It is infused with vanilla, musk, bergamot, blackcurrent and magnolia. I found that the scent lasted quite a while after application. The biggest downside to the this product however is that it isn't paraben free. I only realised this once I had already used up half of it but then once I checked those ingredients I just had to toss. I'm not one to fuss much about the ingredients list but if I can avoid parabens than I gladly will.

16. Lierac Hydra Body Scrub. I am growing quite fond of Lierac. Their products seem to deliver and this one was no exception. The only downside to this was how small the tub is. I used this up relatively quickly. It's quite creamy for a body scrub which was nice but that means you end up using more product. I wouldn't mind repurchasing though.

17. Yankee Candle Midnight Jasmine Electric Refills. I tend to put this on the lightest infusion option and these give off pleasant whiffs of scent. One unit tends to last around 6 weeks.

18. 
NARS Sunset Strip. This one's off to the bin before I even get to use it all up. It's a tangerine shade with gold shimmer which I clearly picked up when my preferences were otherworldly. Not a fan of NARS older sticky lipgloss formula either.

MAC Lusterglass in Wonder Struck. Although not big on gloss, MAC's lusterglasses are quite appealing. I just can't deal with the shimmer anymore though so this one's off for Back to Mac.

MAC Lingering eyebrow pencil. This has been one of my go to brow pencils for years and am only now settling on other options. This has been quite practical being in pencil form and the pigmentation was good.

MAC More to Love Pro Longwear Lip Pencil The shade was lovely but the actual product slid out of the pencil tube after only using half of it.

Barry M Nail Paint in 279 bright pink. I quite liked the application but hate how Barry M polishes easily chip. Tossing this one out purely for the colour though. 


 photo Header-Sample - Copy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye