#Travel Trip to Milan

I visited Milan for the first time a while ago and had such a fantastic time. Being the bag obsessed that I am I couldn't help notice (and very much appreciate) that this has been the only city I ever visited in my life where staff at restaurants actually provided ways to not let you put your bag on the floor (hooks, crates, the works). Well, I guess if there had to be one city to do that it just had to be Milan. 
I thoroughly enjoyed the vibe in Milan. And the hundred and one gelatos didn't hurt either. 


Where I stayed: I stayed at the Excelsior Hotel Gallia which is located on Piazza Duca D'Aosta, close to the train station and may thus not sound as appealing. However since we were travelling by train and were constantly using the metro around the city its position turned out to be fantastic as the station is just across the street. The hotel is impeccable from its design to the room facilities (cue the Nespresso machine and the million and one light features by the nightstand). The food per se (as in-room service) was nothing to write home about but I had the best tiramisu I've ever had . Seriously, no other comes close. Bravo!








Places to visit: The Duomo and the Galleria are a no brainer. Castello Sforzesco and its Pinoteca was quite the sight. For not being a football fan. visiting San Siro went down a treat. 









Where I ate best: I really enjoyed Ta Hua, enough to warrant a second visit which is normally unheard of in my books while I'm on holiday in a city I've never been before. This place serves Hong Kong cuisine and was jam packed both nights so make reservations. Caffe Martini on Via Mercanti was great for drinks and people watching. La Locanda del Gatto Rosso deserves a mention for having the sweetest host, a man who remembered us throughout our whole stay in Milan and made sure to salute us even from across the Galleria, each time he saw us. 

Highlights: The Teatro alla Scala is outstanding. Should I revisit Milan I'll make sure to schedule enough time to attend a performance. 




 photo Header-Sample - Copy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye