MAC Cosmetics Show Down

With MAC Cosmetics recently opening in Malta I thought I'd share my all time MAC favorites. Granted, I haven't tried every product MAC released over the years, but I've been loving MAC for around 8 years now and I have to admit the allure of the collections was what initially hooked me up. Although, during the years I have branched out to other brands and have settled on other key staples, some particular products from MAC will always have my green light.


  • MAC Fix + 

I first got this spray with the idea of it helping the makeup to last longer. . I use this one after the face is done simply to help avoid any deposit of powder products that may be visible and it does a fantastic job at that. I personally do think it helps makeup last longer. Urban Decay all nighter setting spray does a much job at that.With strobing being the it technique right now this is splendid to use to help you get more of a dewy glow. I've gone through bottles of this product and will keep on purchasing until the day I find a better one.

  • MAC lipsticks 

Through the years I tried and tested MAC's lipstick formulas and the formulas I truly ended up enjoying the most have been the satin, amplified and matte.
My favorites include: Rebel (satin), Russian Red (matte) Girl About Town (amplified) Diva (matte) and Ruby Woo (retro matte)

L to R: Girl About Town, Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Diva, Rebel

T to B: Rebel, Diva, Ruby Woo, Russian Red, Girl About Town

Other notable lip products: Patentpolish lip pencil in Kittenish. Similar to my all time favorite lip product (Nars lip pencils) the patentpolish provides a slightly shiny, more of a juicy finish, that is not as sticky and shiny as a lip gloss and isn't drying.



  • MAC Blushes in Harmony & Sea Me Hear Me

A blush which I ended up loving more that their actual contour powder is the Harmony (matte) blush. It is actually a blush but the slight brown tone makes this one perfect to use as for contouring.
Sea Me Hear Me (extra dimension blush) was a limited edition and thus no longer available in stores. However this deserves a mention as this is hands down my favorite all time blush from MAC. Everything from packing, pigmentation and lasting power excels all blushes I tried by the brand.

L-R: Harmony, Sea Me Hear Me
L-R: Harmony, Sea Me Hear Me


Other notable mention: Desert Rose (matte)

Desert Rose (Left)


  • MAC Lipliners in Beet, Nightingale and Cherry
MAC regular lipliners are fantastic. These three are my most used and loved.


L to R: Cherry, Beet, Nightingale

  • Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle & Stereo Rose
Soft and Gentle has been one of my ultimate favorite products from MAC. It's the perfect non excessive highlighter to wear on a daily basis.
Unfortunaley Stereo Rose was a highly coveted limited edition MSF and I ws lucky enough to grab one while I could. This is oneI tend to use a glowy blush rather than just as a highligh. If you ever come across this one give it a go!

Stereo Rose & Soft and Gentle

L to R: Soft and Gentle, Stereo Rose
  • Eyeshadows in Omega, Brown Down & Satin Taupe
Palettes from limited edition collections are the best way to try out eye shadows and get familiar with which finishes you end up liking best.

Omega is my all time favorite from MAC. I've gone trough pans of this one over the years and apart from using it as an eye shadow back in the day I also used this to fill in my brows and it works wonders for brunettes.


L to R: Satin Taupe, Brown Down, Omega

  • Makeup Brushes
MAC brushes had been my favorites and over the years managed to get my hands on a few. I will be doing a separate post about those brushes. 


What are your favorite MAC products? I'd love to hear!
 photo Header-Sample - Copy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye